Advantage Management continues to monitor the coronavirus, and we wanted to share with you some tips for staying healthy and keeping your property clean. As with any respiratory virus, we would like to remind you of some everyday practices that will help keep you healthy and avoid illness. Please remember the following good health habits:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not share water bottles or similar containers.
- Visit a doctor if you have a fever, cough, body aches, and/or fatigue.
- If you or a family member is sick, stay home and limit contact with others.
All of our properties with maintenance staff will continue to clean your property and will add additional wipe downs off common area elements many people touch including; door handles, elevator buttons and railings. If you are still concerned with the cleanliness of these surfaces we would suggest wearing gloves, using a towel or some other piece of clothing to touch these surfaces. We strongly do not recommend you try to touch these items with your feet and shoes. This only causes more germs and dirt on these surfaces.
For those of you who want to participate in a board meeting but do not want to leave your home, we will try to accommodate meetings to have a dial-in option.
We will continue to closely monitor the virus and will send out additional information if the spread of the disease continues.
Below are links to more information about the coronavirus:
Centers for Disease Control This CDC site includes information about COVID-19 and provides travel information that might be helpful to those planning trips
Illinois Department of Public Health is another good source of information